Section 2. What do you know about the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Nothern Ireland? - Биболетова, Денисенко, Трубанева 6 класс (ответы)
9. Read the words in transcription. Write them down with letters
10. Write down the numbers in words
Example: 109 - a (one) hundread and nine
106 - a (one) hundred and six
138 - a (one) hundred and thirty eight
202 - two hundred and two
534 - five hundred and thirty four
1007 - a (one) thousand and seven
1012 - a (one) thousand and twelve
509 - five hundred and nine
100,000 - a (one) hundred thousand
1,000,000 - a (one) million
11. Translate from Russian into English
1. Look at the map! The United Kingdom consists of four countries.
2. Have you ever been to an ancient castle?
3. The climate in Great Britain is very changeable.
4. The English language is the language of international communication, isn't it?
5. It was difficult for me to understand his speech.
12. Fill in the table
With "the" Without "the" the Russian Federation, the USA, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Nothern Ireland Asia, Sydney, Amsterdam, Paris, South America, Russia, Australia, Egypt, Oxford, Africa, Europe, Omsk, Canada, Moscow, India
13. Look at the map. Write down the parts of the United Kingdom and their capitals
14. Colour the pictures then label and match them
1 - b
2 - c
3 - a
4 - d
15. Complete the sentences
1. Britain consists of four countries.
2. The capitals are London, Edinburg, Belfest and Cardiff.
3. The official name is the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Nothern Ireland.
4. The climate changeable in Great Britain.
5. The English language is an official language of the United Kingdom.