1. Read the words. Mind the stress.
2. Write down the words with these sounds. Use exercise 1.
[ei] - accomodation, educational, information, invitation, situation.
[ju:] - humour, musicial, student;
[ie] - serious, theatre;
[i] - characteristic, correspondent, manage, typical.
3. Do the crossword puzzle. Find out what makes your life easy.
1) Things you like to do for your plesuare.
2) Getting together with people.
3) A very good holiday in winter.
4) A place where you learn a lot of new things.
5) Your job at the moment.
6) People whom you love best of all.
4. Help the computer complete the questions and write down short answers.
Example: You are fifth year student, aren't you? - Yes, I am.
1) You study a lot of subjects, don't you? - Yes, I do.
2) You can play a musical instrument, can't you? - Yes? lean.
3) You don't speak French, do you? - Yes, I do.
4) You have English three times a week, haven't you? - Yes, I have.
5) Your teachers aren't British, are they? - No, they aren't.
6) You weren't in London this summer, were you? - No, I wasn't.
7) All you friends would like to visit Britain, wouldn't they? - Yes, they would.
5. Put in the verbs in the correct form.
1) Yesterday Linda gave the interview to the youth magazine.
2) Linda speaks French.
3) Next month a group of Russian students will spend two weeks in London.
4) During their last visit the students stayed with English families.
5) Let's arrange a date and time now.
6) They are going to change their names.
6. Put in the words: play, speak, exchange, taught, hobbies, take, an interview, stay.
Denis Korolev is a ten-year old student. His hobbies are sport and music. He can play the guitar well. He likes to take pictures of his friends. Denis can speak and read English. Last year Barbara Grey from Great Britain taught him and his friends. She is going to arrange a student's exchange. Yesterday Denis gave an interview to a youth magazine about the Russian-English student exchange. Denis is going to stay with his pen friend's family.
7. Translate from Russian into English.
1) Can I change my Russian money for English pounds here?
2) I can't see anything. Would you mind changing places?
3) Change your clothes please. We are going to the theatre in 10 minutes.
4) Let's play chess for a change?
5) I would like to change my plans for today.
6) "Here is your change", - "Thank you".