Section 1. Would you like to feel the spirit of adventure? - Биболетова, Денисенко, Трубанева 6 класс (ответы)
1. Put in the missing letters.
Adventure, experience, unknown, extraordinary, incredible, boring, ordinary, safety, exciting, practice, usual.
2. Choose the opposites. Write them down in pairs.
Example: slow - fast, to stop - to start.
a) Dangerous - safe
extraordinary - usual
incredible - ordinary
real - unreal
serious - funny
polite - impolite
ancient - modern
tall - short
handsome - ugly
athletic - non-athletic
strong - weak
hard-working - lazy
obedient - naughty
noisy - quiet
b) to agree - to disagree
to put on - to take off
to forget - to remember
to be right - to be wrong
to start - to stop
to repair - to break
to love - to hate
to find - to lose
to close - to open
to give - to take
to sit - to stand
to talk - to keep silent
3. Put th words in the correct order to make sentences.
1) We collected all the necessary things for camping.
2) My father took a fishing boat.
3) My sister likes hiking best of all.
4) I love being in the countryside.
5) This beautiful river runs into a lake.
6) My classmates arranged a summer cross-country trip.
4. Complete the table.
Singular (one) Plural (two or more) flower flowers man men woman women child children mouse mice
Singular (one) Plural (two or more) foot feet baby babies party parties shelf shelves wife wives
5. Complete the sentences.
1) Some people are always late.
2) I need my glasses but I can't find them?
3) I like your jeans? - Where did you buy them?
4) I need a pair of new trousers.
5) I am going to buy a pair shorts tomorrow.
6) How many socks are in your backpack?
7) I don't like mice. I'm afraid of them.
6. Look at the pictures. Label the things you need when you are preparing for a camping trip.
7. a) You are going to take part in a cross-country trip in winter. Look at the list of clothes and write down what things you are going to take with you.
I am going on a cross-country trip in the winter. I am going to take a pair of jeans, boots, a sweater, a map, a coat, at ent, a backpack, a scarf, three pairs of warm socks.
b) Your friend is going to take part in a cross-country trip in summer. Look at the list of clothes and write down what things he/she is going to take with him/her.
She is going to take a cross-country trip in the summer. She is going to take a pair of shorts, two T-shirts, a cap, three pair of shoes, a map, a tent, a compass.
8. Match the words. Write five sentences with any of the word combinations.
Example: I am fond of travelling.
to be fond of
to be proud of
to be tired with
to be full of
to be famous for
to be different from
to be fond of
to look for
to look out
to look at
1) My dog likes to look out of the window.
2) What are looking for? - My glasses.
3) I'm so tired of all these troubles!
4) The mother can be proud of her son.
5) This countryside is completely different from the on we visited yesterday.
9. Fill in the gaps.
to go to bed - ложиться спать
to go for a walk - идти на прогулку
идти на рыбалку - to go to fishing
продолжать - to go on
to go hiking - идти в поход
to go by bike - ездить на велосипеде