Section 6. What do you know about famous British people? - Биболетова, Денисенко, Трубанева 6 класс (ответы)
35. Fill in the gaps. Use the example.
Example: writer - to write; gardener - a garden.
teacher - to teach
poet - poetry
worker - to work
politician - politics
driver - to drive
builder - to build
musician - music
lawyer - a law
librarian - a library
buisinessman - buisness
scientist - science
actor - to act
musician - music
traveller - to travel
artist - an art
sailor - to sail
36. Match the verbs and prepositions. Write five sentences with any of the word combination.
to listen to
to be proud of
to be tired of
to be famous for
to be rich in
to be affraid of
to be interested in
to cut down
to find out
to give up
37. Match the words and description.
sociable - fond of being with other people: friendly
independent - not needing other things or people
responsible - having the duty of looking after someone or something
intelligent - a person with a quick and clever mind
obedient - doing what one is ordered to do
polite - having or showing good manners
loving - feeling love
38. Translate from Russian into English.
1. She played the lead role in a well-known film.
2. Does this popular actor have many awards?
3. This young writer wrote an amazing book.
4. This talented sportsman won the competition.
5. I want to set a world record in kart racing.
39. Put in the missing words.
Use: know, was born, about, age, well-known, celebrate, died, the eldest, was fond, favourite
Robert Burns, a well-known and popular Scottish poet, was born in 1759.
Burns was born in a poor farming family. There were seven children in it. Robert was the eldest. Robert read a lot. He was fond of reading. His favourite writter was Shakespeare. At the age of 15 he began to write poems. He wrote about people and averyday things. Robert Burns wrote the words of the song "Auld Lang Syne". Scottish people sing this song when they celebrate the 1st of January, New Year's Day. R.Burns died in 1796. People all over the world know and love his poems.
40. Choose on of the famous British people and write about him/her. Stick on his/her photo.
Use the plan:
1. Date of birth (death)
4. What is he/she famous for?
5. Why do you like him/her?
Oscar Wilde - English writer of Irish descent.
He was born Oct. 16, 1854 in Dublin.His father was a renowned ophthalmologist who was also engaged in writing activities. Oscar was the second child in the family.
Oscar was very talkative and quickened, and in the small age was famous for his ability to reinterpret humorous school events.
In 1881 he published his first collection of poems "Poems". In 1890, the band released a single novel that finally brings Wilde stunning success - "Portrait of Dorian Gray"
Wilde died on November 30, 1900 in Paris godv.
Like Oscar Wilde for his works. They are very interesting and instructive.