1. Write the words in three columns. Read them.
Sophia London Turkey Asia South America Switzerland Japan Washington Canberra France Amsterdam Boston Ottawa Spain Europe New Zealand Norway Egypt Beijing Africa Australia Rome Antarctica North America Paris China Sydney Portugal
Continents Countries Cities
2. Compare the countries as it is shown in the model.
Example: India > Norway (warm)
India is warmer than Norway.
1. Russia > Japan (large) - Russia is larher than Japan.
2. Finland > New Zealand (cold) - Finland is colder than New Zealand.
3. Egypt > the USA (old) - Egypt is older than the USA.
4. France > Bulgaria (expensive) - France is more expensive than Bulgaria.
5. India > Germany (exotic) - India is more exotic than Germany.
6. The UK > China (wet) - The UK is more wet than China.
3. Add the lags to the questions and answer the questions. The first one is done for you.
1. People speak German in Germany, dont' they?
Yes, they do. -В Германии люди говорят по-немецки, не так ли? Да, так.
2. Many people can speak English in Japan, can't they?
Yes, they can.
3. People speak Australian in Auatiulia, dont't they?
No, they speak English.
4. People don't speak Russian in France, do they?
Yes, they don't.
5. People speak Mexican In Mexico, don't they?
No, they speak Spanish.
6. Many people can speak French in Canada, can't they?
Yes, they can.
4. Fill in the articles if necessary.
Last summer I was in China. It is a beautiful country in Asia. This is the ancient and modern country. It was founded several thousand years ago and is still one of the most developed countries. China is the third largest country in the world, next to Canada and Russia. It occupies the eastern part of Asia and 6.536 islands, the largest of which is Taiwan. The capital of China is Beijing.