1. Write pairs of words that rhyme with each other.
taught - caught
competition - composition
fight - light
mouth - south
never - clever
announce - pronounce
2. Match. Some words can be used more than once. Write sentences with six word combinations.
1. That bou alwaus has a optimistic opinion.
2. We live in the age of communications, don't we?
3. In the nearest future all the human resources should be forsed into development of electronic technology.
4. Endangered animals should be saved carefully.
5. In future there will be no serious diseases.
6. In future students will have a new subject in school.
3. Make up the questions and ask your friends. The first one is done for you.
1. you have in any competition ever taken part
Have you ever taken part in any competition?
2. ever won you a prize have
Have you ever won a prize.
3. a camera ever you won have
Have you ever won a camera.
4. have lost ever a competition you
Have you ever lost a competition.
5. spoken have ever to a famous person you
Have you ever spoken to a famous person.
4*. Use the verbs in the appropriate tenses.
1. The competition will start tomorrow. There will be lots of partisipants, so it will be difficult to win.
2. Danny is a very good runner. I'm sure he will get through to the final.
3. Liza is nervous and upset. She has lost her camera and she is looking for it everywhere now.
4. She took part in ten competitions last year. She hasn't won any of them but has made a lot of new friends and enjoys participating very much.